Monday, June 11, 2012

I MADE IT!!!






It's SUMMER!!!  Well technically, tomorrow is a workday, but I only have to go for a couple of hours.  I am so excited that the school year is over, and I will have more time for blogging :)

This year, we had staff development for Common Core, but this coming year will be the year we implement it.  So I will be doing a lot of reading/researching this summer, and coming to you guys for ideas! But before that begins.....I AM GOING TO HAITI!!  I leave on Sunday, for a week long mission trip!  We will be traveling around areas around Port-au-Prince, and setting up medical clinics.  I'll have to take temperatures, weight, blood pressure, pass out medicine, and PLAY WITH THE KIDS! I'm really excited, especially to interact with the kids.  All kids need to feel loved, and if I can show them that, even if just for a day, then I can't wait!  Some ladies in our church have made a TON of dresses to pass out to the little girls, and we have some outfits for the boys.  We will hand those out at the clinics, and orphanages/schools if we get to go there.  Two groups from my church have been in the past year and a half, and they have been able to visit the orphanage/school so hopefully we will too!  I can't wait :)

So as we are all ready for a summer break, I ask that you guys pray for us this coming week! I will post pictures and stories when I get back!


1 comment: