I've been blog-stalking for a little over a year now, but really got into posting this summer. I'm hoping I can keep it up during the school year, and post ideas that I come up with for 4th grade math. Last year, my school year was CRAZY, so hopefully this year will NOT BE!
1. I have been married to a wonderful, Christian man for a little over a year now. Our marriage got off to a rocky start when my dad died the day after our wedding. Definitely not a way you want to start your marriage...but he was there for me (even though I'm pretty sure he was a little freaked and had NO IDEA how to act) and we made it thru. They say the hard stuff makes your marriage stronger...well we started out pretty strong :)
2. I love watching What Not To Wear, and think I would benefit well from going on the show! I try my hand at using the "rules" while shopping, but tend to always end up in jeans and a tee!
3. I graduated from UNC-Greensboro, but am a HUGE NC State fan! Football is my FAVORITE sport...I blame my daddy:) We used to go to all the home games, and if there wasn't a game at home, we would sit at the house all day and watch football on TV!
4. The hubs and I just got back from a mission trip to Haiti! It was life-changing! We are so blessed here in America, and we just waste, waste, waste. There are some really sweet people down there, and they are working hard to not only heal people of their physical ailments, but to teach them about Christ and his love and mercy for them! The NC Baptist Men have been there since the Earthquake, and they have seen over 1,600 salvations! That is amazing!
5. Oh, I grew up in church, and didn't get saved until I was 27...I fought it for a long time, not even realizing it, but I finally surrendered my life to Christ, and I haven't been happier!
6. I started teaching in 2006, Kindergarten. I taught Kindergarten for three years, before being moved to 5th grade. (I thought something was fishy with that move, and I was correct. But I prevailed! PS- you'd have to know the principal at the time to understand that) Anyways, after that, I transferred to another school, and was placed in 4th grade. I LOVED it! I taught 4th last year too, and although I still love the grade, last year was a ROUGH bunch. So I'm praying that this years group will be better :)
7. All of my life, I never let my hair get past my shoulders...I didn't like it. When I got engaged, I grew it out for my wedding, and it has stayed long ever since! I'm scared to cut it! I go to the hair dresser in 2 weeks, and I have a shorter cut picked out, but the closer it gets, the scareder (is that a word?) I get! Anyways, I want it about this length...my hair is naturally straight, but I love wearing it curly.
8. Thanks to Pinterest, I'm becoming a pretty great cook! I didn't like to cook before, but I can't resist trying these yummy recipes! The fact that most are simple, make it even better! I'm spoiling my husband, so he can't complain about me being on Pinterest anymore :)
9. I started dancing at the age of 3, and it was my LIFE growing up! I was on a competition team at my studio, and on dance team in HS. We even went to Nationals my Senior Year, and had the chance to dance on ESPN! I went to college to major in Dance Education, but obviously changed my mind to Elementary. I still have a concentration in dance though, and teach the Liturgical Dance group at Church!
(I'm the one on the far right...not smiling..HA)
(2nd from right on front row- this was Large Prop, and the theme was "Working")
10- I was in a sorority in college...Alpha Chi Omega. I made some great friends, and it definitely made college more enjoyable :) Are there any other teachers in bloggy-land that are Alpha Chi's?
Bid Day my Senior Year of College...waiting for our newbies!
Be sure to go Link up!
Now for what y'all have been waiting for.....The winner of the Thirty-One Organizing Tote is..........................Amanda Seigler! I have contacted you by email, so be sure to check it! Thanks to everyone that entered! Can't believe how close to 200 I am now!