Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's Your Style Linky!

Hey guys! I am linking up with From Blood to Books! for her What's Your Style? Linky Party! I LOVE to shop, and this makes me so excited! However, I am trying to hold off until I lose a ton couple of pounds ;-) We shall see how long that holds up! HA!

 

Here are the guidelines...
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
Please feel free to post any cute items, sales, outfits that you have grabbed for this upcoming school year!
 
1.  Favorite Store
     Well, this kinda depends on what I am buying.  I LOVE Old Navy, but I hate their blue jeans.  So I buy my jeans at GAP.  I don't know what it is, but the Long and Lean jeans from there are the only jeans that look good on me.  But I do get a lot of my tops, cardigans, and dresses from Old Navy.  I also love Ann Taylor Outlet, and The Loft Outlet!  The fact that they give teachers a percentage off just makes it a plus in my book :)  Lastly, I like Belk and Cato, because they are the only two stores that are local, so sometimes I have NO CHOICE but to shop there ;-) Hey, a girl has to do, what a girl has to do!

2. Favorite Accessories  
    The only accessories that I wear non-stop are my engagement ring and wedding ring.  I always have a pair of earrings in, but they can be dangly (yes, that is a word!), to just studs.  I like all kinds...except those feather ones.  I don't get it.  I have some bracelets that I wear, but lately I have gotten into long necklaces! They can make an outfit!

3. Shoes
    I am 5'9", so I hardly ever wear heels.  I do like to wear wedges, but my feet hurt in those after a while.  I usually kick them off near the end of the day and just go bare-footed.  So the bulk of my shoes are flats.  One thing I LOVE about my school, is that I can wear my rainbows :)  You will see me in those about 90% of the time! I have 4 different colors too, so they always match ;-)    

4. Go-to item
    Easy- cardigan.  I have a ton of cardigans, ranging in colors and style.  Every morning, I walk out of the house in a cardigan.  My room is FREEZING, so they keep me warm, and I can throw them off to go out for recess and car riders.  They also make some of my dresses and tops look better and more complete :)

5.  Fashion uh-oh moment
     A couple of years ago, I was going thru a lot.  I had just gotten married, my dad died, end of grade tests were coming up...Stressful times.  I showed up to school one day, and walking down the hall to my class, realized I had on two different flip flops.  I live 30 minutes from my school, so I couldn't just run home and change.  I was so embarrassed, but luckily, I had on pants, and my kids never noticed it!     

Be sure to go link-up, and share all of your fashion!   

Hopefully tomorrow, I will FINALLY post my Monday-Made-It!  I know, I know, LATE, but I have family in town so I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures! You are going to LOVE it though :)  

2 comments:

  1. Oh no about the flip flop mishap...lol! That sounds like something I'd do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up! That is so funny about your flip flops... sounds like something I would do.

    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete