Thursday, July 28, 2011

SMART Board Boot Camp!

Today was the day, and I must say it was AWESOME!!! All I had to do was download Team Viewer, and then I connected with Monica and we were off!  I signed on, and she quickly went thru the basics to make sure I knew them all.  Most I knew, but a couple of things I didn't, so she showed me those, and where I could go on smart tech to get further assistance.  Then it was on to the fun stuff! And let me tell you...Monica is FULL of great ideas! She showed me how she basically does her lesson plans using Smart Notebook, and has a daily routine that her kids take charge of, while she can check in HW and such.  She also showed me how to link things to my lessons, make a simple lesson more interactive for the students, as well as some websites she uses in her classroom, and on her lessons!! I was so excited! I took PAGES of notes, and can't wait to just sit down and play with it more to get a better grasp on it all! (Which will be tonight, so be on the lookout for more posts!) This training was EXACTLY what I needed, just someone to show me the tricks on the trade, so that I can now play with it and incorporate it all into my lessons!

I highly suggest if you have a SMART board, to check out this training.  Even if you think you have a good grasp on things, I bet you will learn a lot! And it's great to collaborate with someone and share ideas! I feel much better about using my board this year, thanks to Monica, and I know that I can go to her with any task I find difficult for me on there! 

Check Out the Training Information HERE!  


Happy Smart Boarding :)





2 comments:

  1. Sara...thank so much for your kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you. I can't wait to see what you come up with:) I am adding your button to my blog! Plus...I am your newest follower:)
    ☮Monica
    The Schroeder Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just the sweetest!! I really would love to hear your ideas for 4th grade. I am also in NC so we are teaching the same state standards! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete